Do you know why you are focusing on public relations in Houston? Most might believe the answer is obvious, but many organizations hire public relations firms because they think they should, not because they have solid reasons or a working plan. A similar question often appears: How can Houston PR firms help my company?
Your answers create the checklist you need to evaluate PR firms and create a plan or strategy that accomplished one or more company goals. Consider the many ways a public relations organization can help.
What Is Important to You?
There are numerous good reasons to hire a top PR firm. Some of these reasons do not involve simple functions, such as writing and distributing press releases touting your company, new products and services or notable accomplishments. Here are some important reasons to hire a top PR organization.
- New product or service launches need TLC as much as they need media coverage.
- Your company is relocating operations or expanding with new locations.
- Your company fills a specific niche, with breakthrough products or services your industry seldom offers.
- Your business lends major support to local or national charities or your local community improvement projects and activities.
- You believe your company is receiving insufficient media coverage; a problem that your primary competition does not suffer.
- You’d like to have articles in major trade publications.
- Your local media covers you adequately, but you want to expand regionally or nationally.
- Your industry is often misunderstood by the general public or your specific prospect audience.
- You have a personally inspiring story you want told to others.
- You hope to improve your internal and external communications.
- You need some research or a study to take the "temperature" of your market.
- You’d like some savvy training on how to handle the media successfully.
- You want to enhance your social media efforts, but are unsure how to increase prospect engagement.
These are some, but certainly not all, reasons to hire professionals when seeking the right PR firm for you. Your overall goal is typically to have experienced PR professionals ensure that positive company news and stories reach clients and prospects. The Internet, which accepts visitor praise or criticism equally, without considering whether the posts are true or not, has made public relations success more challenging than ever.
Your specific company goal may be getting the "maximum bang for your buck," which is admirable. However, without a roadmap (plan), expecting even the top firm for public relations in Houston is probably highly unreasonable.
If you have a smaller company and want consistent positive public relations in Houston, evaluate Bayou City Public Relations. We have won multiple awards for outstanding success from the Public Relations Society of America, the Houston Press Club, the Texas Public Relations Association and the International Association of Business Communicators.
We offer custom public relations campaigns, online or print copywriting, press releases and ghost writing to name some of our professional services. We have received numerous positive testimonials from our clients for effective PR, helping them reach their business goals.