How Do PR Firms Work?
Posted November 19th, 2013
To understand the answer to the question, “How do PR Firms work?” let’s first answer the question, “What is public relations?” According to the Public Relations Society of America or PRSA, “Public relations is a strategic communication process that builds mutually beneficial relationships between organizations and their publics.” At its core, PR is about relationship with the general public, potential customers/clients, investors, employees, government regulators and/or the media and with any and all of a company’s public. Not all audiences are created equal, so advice on which publics are most important is one of the many services PR consultants and firms usually provide to their clients. How PR firms work lies in the many ways a public relations practitioner goes about building those relationships.
Read more about how PR firms work >>
Top 10 Reasons to Hire a PR Firm
- You are launching a new product or service.
- You are relocating or adding new locations.
- You have a niche business with products/services few offer.
- Your company supports charitable and community projects.
- You are a leader in your field – and few people realize it.
- Your competition is getting media coverage that you are missing.
- You don't have time to write for trade/professional publications.
- You get local media coverage, but now you’re ready to go national.
- You have an inspiring story to tell that will motivate others.
- Your industry or profession is misunderstood.